Saturday, March 1, 2014

Spicy German Style Mustard

Feb 28 2014

Mustard is one of my favorite condiments. I like it on about any sandwich and will even add a good tablespoon to my chili right before eating it. At any one time I usually have 4 kinds on hand. My favorite standard yellow is Plochmans, I like Dijon, country style and good German style. My favorite lately was German Lowensenf  Extra and just bought some Dusseldorf style that is good. The grocery quit carrying the Lowensenf.

I think it was last year I made some homemade that was supposed to be German style but I didn’t care for it. I found a new recipe that sounded good to me. I am not sure where the recipe came from, I found it at 4 or 5 places on the net and all were almost exactly alike so I think it is safe to post here.

I got the mustard seeds soaking in the beer and apple cider vinegar for overnight in the fridge. After baking a loaf of bread this morning I made up the mustard. I made mine smooth and thought it came out great, just the right amount of heat for me. It makes the right amount for one family, just over a pint. I will make this recipe again.
Ingredients except for the vinegar














Heating up the sauce














Mustard seeds and sauce added to the food processor














All done













Ready to place in jars














Ready for the fridge

No comments:

Post a Comment