Monday, March 10, 2014

Mayo Mo Rockin Chicken

Mar 09 2014

We have been eating beef so it was time for a chicken. Late Saturday night I spatchcocked a chicken and in a brine of half gal. water, ¼ cup kosher salt, ¼ cup brown sugar, dried onions and garlic. It was in the fridge for 12 hours.

I baked a loaf of my bread in 5 early to have with supper along with some Za’atar seasoning in olive oil for dipping.

I knew I was using Mo Rockin Chicken seasoning and thought it would go good with some mayo . After the chicken brined I rinsed well and in the fridge for a couple of hours to dry some. After it had dried some I mixed a good teaspoon of Mo Rockin in 2 tablespoons of mayo, I use Hellmann’s. I stuffed it in under the breast skin. I then seasoned the bottom with Mo Rockin then rubbed the skin side with some mayo; I do the mayo pretty light. I then seasoned it well with Mo Rockin and in the fridge to rest a couple of hours.

My sides were fresh asparagus marinated in olive oil, balsamic vinegar and some Penzey’s sandwich sprinkle; I halved a spaghetti squash and it would get baked for 1 ½ hours in the oven at 350 deg. I seasoned it with some Penzey’s sandwich sprinkle and they went cut side down over a big pat of butter on a cookie sheet. I turned them cut side up after an hour and added some more butter. The asparagus was nuked for 5 minutes while the chicken was resting.

The kids were going out for supper and the wife took the grandson to a movie at 4:00 and was home just before supper.

I sprinkled some more Mo Rockin on the chicken and got it on my Traeger at 300 deg. grill level at 4:30.
I also had the spaghetti squash in the oven. I eased the temp up over 1 ½ hours to 375 deg. grill level and the chicken was done, 175 deg. breast IT, at 6:00. I let the chicken rest while I nuked the asparagus and then served it up. My wife had her favorite breast meat, the grandson had a leg and I had a wing and a thigh.

There were a lot of good flavors going on with this meal, mayo and Mo Rockin chicken, Penzey’s sandwich sprinkle on the sides and Za’atar olive oil dip for the bread. We all liked it and the wife said my best chicken in a while.

My Bread














After a brine, seasoned and ready for the fridge














Spaghetti squash














Asparagus marinating and keeping an eye on the smoker temp














More Mo Rockin and ready to smoke














On the smoker and ready














Resting in peace














My supper




No comments:

Post a Comment