Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Shrimp & Corn over Grits

Aug 02 2016

I love shrimp, grits and fresh corn on the cob; all three together is even better. When I saw this recipe by Dawn Perry on Epicurious I knew it had to be a winner. I adapted it by cutting the water to one cup instead of 1 ½ and 1 cup of grits instead of 3/4 and more butter. I like my grits thick enough to eat with a fork. I also changed the seasoning from oregano and paprika to Cajun seasoning.

I had my tomato cucumber salad for a side and cut my focaccia bread into strips, sprayed with olive oil and toasted under the broiler.

In the photo you see some Palmetto Farms Yellow Cornmeal; I used their stone ground white grits instead. I had white sweet corn from Suter’s picked fresh this morning for the corn.

I got my liquids on boiling for the grits. After 10 minutes the grits were starting to thicken so I stirred the grated corn into the grits and heated the oil for the shrimp. I added the garlic and then the shrimp, then I realized the corn was supposed to go in to brown some. I quickly added the corn and let cook 3 minutes; stirred and let cook another 3 minutes.

I served the grits in a bowl with the shrimp and corn over with a pat of gorgonzola butter and some fresh chives over top. I must say that was delicious!

Click Here for recipe

Ingredients














Grating the corn














The cut kernels














Grits cooking














Garlic, shrimp, corn and seasoning in














Ready to serve














My salad














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment