Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Grilled Tenderloin Corn and Melon

Aug 03 2016

It is still stinking hot here and almost too hot to cook out. I had some white corn and a muskmelon from Suter’s produce wagon I got yesterday. I had some onion buns so got a couple of center cut boneless pork chops from my butcher. I thought I would make grilled tenderloin sandwiches and it would not take long to do them on my Weber Spirit.

I had some stone ground yellow cornmeal, I think it was a mistake ordering, thought it was course ground but was extra fine ground. I like to dust steak and pork with flour and seasoning and pound out to fry or grill. I thought some of the corn flour would be good on the pork.

I trimmed some gristle and fat from the ends of the chops, seasoned with salt and pepper, dusted with the corn flour and pounded them out. I put 3 ears of the corn in my rice cooker to steam and cut up half of the melon.

I heated the Weber up to 400 deg. grilled the tenderloins with some olive oil sprayed on the first side. I did them for 5 minutes on each side and toasted the buns. The wife and I both like mustard and dill pickle on our tenderloins. There were just enough pickles for one sandwich so I let her have them. I had a slice of Vidalia onion with salt and some dill weed on for mine along with mustard.


That was a good supper for a hot day. The Corn and melon went well with the tenderloin.

The melon














Pork ready to pound out














Pounded thin ready to grill














Just off the grill














My corn














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment