Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Breaded Pork Cutlet Sandwich & Corn on the Cob

Aug 24 2016

This is the last week for Suter’s produce wagon here in Wapakoneta so had to get a half dozen ears of corn for tonight’s supper. We have not had pork in a while so got some pork cutlets from my butcher. His cutlets are center cut chops run through a tenderizer. I picked some nice tomatoes from my garden this morning that would be good too.

It was a nice day but rain coming in at supper time moved me inside to cook. I breaded the cutlets with corn flour, egg wash and bread crumbs. I seasoned the cutlets with a little Lawry’s seasoning salt; I added some half & half to an egg to lighten it up some.  I made them up and set in the fridge for about 2 hours before frying.

I cut up some tomatoes and drizzled olive oil and balsamic vinegar over for a side. I husked the corn and steamed it in my Instant Pot for 5 minutes. As soon as the pot heated and went to the time mode I heated a skillet with olive oil and fried the pork cutlets.

When the 5 minutes were up on the corn I eased the steam off while I finished the cutlets and toasted bread for the sandwiches.


We both had mustard and Claussen’s dill pickles on our sandwich; butter and Penzey’s sandwich sprinkle on the corn. Tasted great we both thought the sandwich was one of my best lately. The cutlets were very tender and no gristle at all.

Breading the cutlets














Breaded














Frying














Fresh tomatoes













Fresh corn














My sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment