Saturday, August 6, 2016

Jowl BLT's, Corn and Potatoes

Aug 06 2016

We finally got some cooler less humid weather. It did get to 83 but not so humid. I needed to go to the grocery and get some fresh picked sweetcorn from Suter’s produce. I planned on some Jowl BLT’s so told the wife I needed to pick tomatoes first to see if I needed to buy some. Like I figured a bunch came on at the same time; I didn’t need to buy any. I had 4 large Big Boys, some Rutgers and plum cherry. I have enough to try Hub’s tomato pie tomorrow.

I had about a pound of my butcher Kah’s good jowl bacon. I sliced it up and coated both side with a little Savor Super Pig. I got it on my smoker a little after noon at about 290 deg. grill level. It took about an hour and 10 minutes to get it where I wanted it. I got it done before the afternoon heat.

I got my batch of kimchi in jars and just relaxed this afternoon sipping on beer and enjoying the nicer weather.

I had some new red potatoes and the corn. I was going to do them outside and steam but got lazy. I steamed the corn in my rice cooker and did the potatoes in the microwave. I added some of my gorgonzola chive butter to the potatoes and we had it on the corn.


My bread was some bolillo buns, I like them since they are light textured and don’t overpower the rest of the stars. I had some mustard on my bottom bun and mayo on the top one. Tasted great a BLT is always good and with fresh corn on the cob even better!

Today's tomato harvest














Bacon sliced and seasoned














Done on my Treager














Cooling














For the BLT's














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment