Tuesday, July 2, 2013

OF Sandwich and Wilted Lettuce

I have been having trouble getting photos loaded because of a bug in Google Blogger. They gave me a work around that works until they fix the problem. Hopefully I can get caught up soon.

Jun 26 2013

Tonight for supper I fixed one more dish I look forward to each summer using fresh produce, wilted lettuce. One other a BLT sandwich with fresh tomatoes I already had and fresh corn on the cob I will be able to buy in a week or so.

I had to take the photos in a hurry because once you start these dishes go together pretty fast.

A good neighbor gave me the lettuce and I had some good Kah’s bacon, thinly sliced Vidalia onions, and cider vinegar to make the wilted lettuce. My sandwich was an open face turkey and pork, topped with tomato and cheese sauce.

I baked a take home and bake ciabatta loaf I would split and toast for the sandwich. Top that with 3 slices of honey smoked turkey, from Kah Meats, some of my smoked pulled pork, a slice of fresh tomato, and pour some cheese sauce over all. For the sauce I used a can of Rico’s Con Queso white cheese and added a few shakes of ancho chili powder and a teaspoon of smoked paprika.

It all tasted great. My wife and I got our yearly fix of wilted lettuce with bacon and the sandwich was mighty tasty with it.

My bread













Bacon, onions and tomato













Lettuce and bacon













Cheese sauce













Onions sauteing













Turkey and pork













My Salad













My Sandwich




No comments:

Post a Comment