Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pulled Pork Rice with Kohlrabi and Bok Choy














July 12 2013

It was another fun day here in Ohio, well all except for mowing grass! I had a new pizza sauce to try and my supper would be some leftover pulled pork, kohlrabi, carrots and bok choy with rice.

I got my onions, tomatoes and olive oil on for a three hour simmer covered with parchment paper before lunch.

Then it was the un fun job of mowing grass. At 2:00 I added the seasoning to my pizza sauce and cooked it down some more.

I then cut up some tomatoes, onions and cucumbers to marinate in vinegar and olive oil for Saturday’s supper. I then had some relaxing time, sipping some beer, until time to fix supper.

I got my rice in the rice cooker and cut up the veggies and pork to stir fry. I had a large kohlrabi I diced to about ¼ inch, sliced a small head of bok choy, chopped a small onion and sliced two carrots. I heated about two Tbs. of grape seed oil and added the onions, kohlrabi, and carrots adding some dried garlic flakes and a few drops of sesame oil. I cooked until getting soft then added the pork and heated through.

I then added the sliced bok choy and heated through adding some soy sauce. By then the rice was done so I added all from the skillet to the rice in the cooker, stirred to mix well and then let that all get happy on warm for about 10 minutes.


I served it with some good crusty bread and my gorgonzola butter. It tasted good! The only problem is I used up some left over pulled pork but now I have too much left over! I should have made a smaller batch!
Pizza sauce ingredients














In the sauce pan














After 3 hours simmering














Pureed sauce














Ingredients for rice










































My Plate














No comments:

Post a Comment