Friday, July 19, 2013

Flat Bread Pizza on Grill Grates















July 18, 2013

I had made some melted onion and tomato pizza sauce I wanted to try. I also just got my Grill Grates to try pizza on for the first cook. I used two savory garlic and herb flatbreads I thawed out. They were partially baked.

This afternoon I seasoned the Grill Grated sprayed with olive oil while cooking a ham to make ham salad.

My toppings were Italian sausage, red and green peppers, onions and mushrooms with shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese.

I put the Grill Grates on my Traeger with the bottom, flat side up, and set to 350 deg. I let it heat up for a half hour. The flat breads were on for 15 minutes and looked done. Using the bottom of the grill grates is like cooking on a flat frill.

I liked the pizza sauce and the crust was a nice even brown color. My wife thought the sauce needed a more tomato taste. I may add some tomato paste to what is left and freeze for later.


I really need to make my own pizza crust and try just a pepperoni and cheese pizza to get a feel for how the sauce tastes. I also need to have my son and his wife try it; they are my official tasters.

Pizza ingredients














Sauce added














A layer of cheese, then the veggies














Some Italian sausage added then some more cheese














On the grill grates














My Salad














The crust














My Plate

















No comments:

Post a Comment