Saturday, October 10, 2015

Me and Louie's Italian Beef

Oct 09 2015

My supper tonight started on Tuesday when I took a 2.5 pound sirloin roast out of the freezer. Chicago style Italian beef sandwiches are one of my favorites.  Louie’s Italian beef au jus seasoning makes the best Chicago beef I have done. Some good beef smoked and sliced thin, add the Louie’s seasoning and water, a half a beer, onions, garlic sliced green peppers some pepperoncini peppers and some fresh ground black pepper to a Crockpot and simmer 4 to 5 hours and you have a great Chicago Italian beef with au jus.

Thursday I seasoned the beef roast with some Penzey’s sandwich sprinkle and fresh ground pepper. I did it on my Traeger at 180 deg. smoke for an hour and then went to 300 deg. grill level to finish. In about 2 hours it was at 130 deg. IT I wanted. After it cooled I double wrapped in foil and in the fridge overnight.

This morning I put it in the freezer for 45 minutes and then sliced it thin. It went into my Crockpot about noon; I added the Louie’s seasoning pack mixed with 4 cups of water, a half a lager beer, a couple slices of diced onions, 3 large cloves of garlic diced, six or seven pepperoncini’s and some of the juice. I set the Crockpot on high for an hour and then went to low.

After two hours I sliced up 1 ½ med. onions, 1 ½ green bell peppers and added to the pot with some fresh ground pepper. We ate supper about 6:00 PM.

For a side I had some broccoli and cauliflower I sprinkled on some lemon juice and Penzey’s sandwich sprinkle. I steamed it in my rice cooker. I had some French steak rolls for the sandwiches and dipped each half cut side in the au jus and served with plenty of the beef.


That hit the spot!!! Me and Louie make some pretty good Chicago style Italian Beef!

Roast thawed and seasoned














After an hour on smoke














Done at two hours and 130deg. IT














Cooling then in the fridge overnight














Slicing thin














Ingredients














Louie's seasoning mix and water














In the Crockpot














After 2 hours, peppers and onions added














And mixed in














Ready to serve














My supper


No comments:

Post a Comment