Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Creole Thai Shrimp over Grits w/Bacon Twists

Oct 05 2015

I had some cheesy corny grits left from the other night and some shrimp in the freezer so it was shrimp and grits tonight. I had made my Super Pig bacon twists early and they were perfect to serve with the shrimp and grits.

I have made shrimp and grits a lot so knew the basic ingredients. I always use Penzey’s Cajun seasoning and for this one I decided to add a little Thai red curry paste.  I didn’t want to make it too hot or the wife would not like it.

I did not have bacon for in the shrimp but had the bacon twists to serve with it. I did this outside on my gas burner and used my DeBuyer skillet. Since I was using leftover grits this was a fast and easy meal. The recipe came out pretty good, just a little heat but I could tell I forgot to add a little sour.

Naturally I had to have some good crusty bread with a little butter! We both though my recipe was good!

Click here for printable recipe

For the shrimp














Reducing the sauce














Butter is in














Onions and garlic are in














Tomato sauce is in














Half and half is in














Shrimp is in














Ready to serve














My salad














My supper

1 comment: