Saturday, June 28, 2014

Tatonka Sirloin Burgers, WOW Potatoes, and Tomato Salad

Jun 27 2014

I was ready for a burger fix, done flat iron style with a good all over browning.

It about did me in today trimming the front yard and mowing, almost 90 deg.  I quit with the back yard to do tomorrow.

For my sides I wanted some WOW roasted potatoes and a good tomato salad. I had some nice Tennessee tomatoes to use. I made up my own salad recipe.
Two large tomatoes, cut in wedges then in half
Some fresh basil sliced thin, I had 10 leaves
3 thin slices of Vidalia onion cut in half
1 bunch of trimmed asparagus, cut 1 inch and nuked for 1 ½ minutes then cooled
3 TBS. White balsamic vinegar
1 TBS. Olive oil, I used extra light
A good pinch of coarse sea salt, or kosher
A few grinds of fresh pepper
Mix all together and chill for a few hours before serving.

I had some golden potatoes I precooked in the microwave and then cooled in the fridge. When ready to cook I cut up the potatoes, poured about 3 TBS. melted butter over, a pinch of coarse sea salt and some generous shakes of WOW seasoning. They went into a basket and on the gas grill about 400 deg. for about a half hour to brown up.

I had 3 sirloin patties from my butcher, thawed for the burgers. I seasoned up both sides well with some Tatonka Dust and in the fridge a couple hours before grilling. They went on the Weber at 400 deg. on the flat side of grill grates. 5 minutes then flipped for another 4 minutes. I had some Kaiser buns sliced and buttered I toasted on the grill the last two minutes.

I had Tennessee tomatoes sliced, romaine lettuce and some onion for my burger. The wife had mustard, lettuce, tomato and dill pickles on her sandwich. I had mustard, smoky horseradish sauce, onion, lettuce and tomato on mine. We both thought the tomato salad was a keeper and I must say the burger was a great fix! I need to order some more WOW seasoning, it is getting about standard for my potatoes.

For the salad















Burgers seasoned














For the sandwiches














Potatoes ready to grill














A full house














My salad














My supper














Sure tasted good!

No comments:

Post a Comment