Sunday, June 8, 2014

Grilled Halibut over Saffron Rice and Asparagus

Jun 07 2014

I had two wild caught halibut filets thawed for tonight’s supper. Halibut has to be my favorite ocean fish. It has a light and delicate flavor; it only needs butter, compound butter or a butter sauce in my opinion.
I made up some gorgonzola chive, garlic butter for mine tonight. I use 1 stick of butter, softened, 2 Tbs. snipped fresh chives, 2 heaping Tbs. gorgonzola, 1 tsp. dried garlic flakes. Mix well with a fork, let set for an hour or two, and then use plastic wrap to make a roll. Place in the fridge to set up.

I had a pinch of saffron left so I made saffron rice with some Penzey’s dried shallots. I cooked it in my rice cooker so it was hot when the fish were done. I had asparagus I marinated a while in some olive oil, white balsamic vinegar and some WOW seasoning.

I grilled the halibut on my Weber Spirit gas grill on grill grates. I sprayed the filets with some olive oil and did for 7 minutes then flipped and added a pat of the compound butter to each one. I went inside and set the microwave at 4 minutes on high for the asparagus. I did the filets for 5 minutes on the second side.

I served the halibut on the saffron rice and toasted the garlic bread in the broiler, and served it up. That sure tasted good, the halibut was just about right, not too done.

Our daughter in law and grandson went to Toledo for her niece’s graduation party. The grandson was more excited since he got to buy a hamster while there. He had to stop in and show Grandma and Grampa his new pet when they got home.

Halibut














For my butter














For the rice














Garlic bread














Halibut fillets














Flipped and butter added














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment