Saturday, June 21, 2014

BLT my Favorite Sandwich

Jun 20 2014

A BLT is my favorite sandwich if it includes a fresh garden tomato. For the past 5 or 6 years a guy has set up a veggie stand close to me. He brings up fresh tomatoes from Tennessee; local tomatoes are at least 4 weeks away here. He opened up Wednesday his first day so I stopped and bought 4 of his tomatoes.

Thursday the grandson helped me remove 12 inch tile from my kitchen. It had been down over 20 years so came up easy. The grandson did most of the work. I didn’t want to get the floor any dirtier than we had to so we all went out to eat Mexican for supper.

I had the good Tennessee tomatoes and a pound of Kah Meats thick sliced pepper bacon. This morning I went to the grocery and got some Romaine lettuce and a loaf of soft crust Italian bread. All this would make some great BLT’s.

The guy came at 10:30 to lay my new kitchen floor and was done by 2:00. I was glad I had a quick and easy supper planned, wore me out watching him work! I did the bacon at 3:00 on my Traeger and had it ready.

When the daughter in law got here I started getting the sandwiches made. Our side was some Green Giant Backyard Roasted potatoes w/red peppers and onions. I did them in the microwave per directions and wasn’t too bad.

The grandson just ate two slices of bacon, a slice of tomato and some potatoes. The wife and I both had BLT’s, she had mayo on hers and I had smoky horseradish sauce. I fixed a veggie LT for the dil; toasted bread, mayo, lettuce, tomato, mozzarella, and some fresh basil. My first BLT of the season and it sure tasted good!

Pepper bacon


On the smoker














Ready for some sandwiches














Daughter in law's veggie LT














Daughter in law said how you going to eat that?














Like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment