Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Pork Steaks and Sweet Potato Fries

Jun 03 2014

I had a guy coming this afternoon to install a new dish washer so didn’t have time for much prepping tonight’s supper. Before he got here I seasoned some pork steaks with Penzeys Galena St. rub and in the fridge. The guy came at 1:00 and was here until 3:00, it about wore me out watching him work!

I fired up my smoker at 4:00 and put the pork steaks on at 4:30, smoke mode at 180 deg. for an hour. I then went to 270 deg. grill level and brushed on some of my butcher,Kah Meats BBQ sauce. I added a basket of frozen sweet potato fries. After 15 minutes I flipped the steaks and brushed on some more sauce. All was in another 45 minutes.

My wife had made us a small salad and we had some bread and butter. That was quick and easy and tasted good! I have to go get a chicken brining for tomorrow night.




No comments:

Post a Comment