Friday, July 1, 2016

St. Hubert's Chicken Poutine

Jun 30 2016

Ever since the LTBBQ Ohio Gathering Scallywag gave me two cans of his favorite St. Hubert’s poutine gravy I have wanted to make some. I wanted to make my own fries too so needed good weather to do them outside. I don’t like to deep fry anything inside.

I did a brined spatchcocked chicken yesterday and pulled it for some chicken poutine. I had seasoned it with some Pappy’s Choice and stuffed some bacon and seasoning under the breast skin. It turned out good.

I hand cut some large russet potatoes for the fries and put them in a beer salt brine for about 4 hours, rinsed and dried well to fry. For the oil I used half vegetable oil and half lard in a 6 quart CI Dutch oven and basket. I also used shredded mozzarella instead of cheese curds. Scally said they like it better since it gets all gooey. I don’t have access to fresh cheese curds anyway to try the crunchy taste.

My wife made us a small salad & I had some blue cheese dressing on it and we toasted some English muffins.

I had the gravy heating in a saucepan and some of the pulled chicken heating in a skillet. I fried a batch of potatoes for the wife and served her then made up some for myself.


The wife and I both thought it was some delicious poutine. At first I thought I could have used more cheese on mine then 3 times the wife had to tell me I had cheese hanging from my chin! I had enough muffin left to sop up all the good gravy left on my plate!  Thanks for the gravy Scally!















The chicken
















For the poutine














My salad














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment