Friday, July 29, 2016

Skillet Focaccia Bread from Pizza Dough

July 29 2016

My pizza crusts did not come out the way I wanted and I had half the recipe left. The one half made two 10 inch crusts.

I had a recipe printed out for cast iron skillet focaccia bread so used the dough and skipped to the baking part. I took it from the fridge and let warm about a half hour. It then went in the skillet coated with olive oil then in the oven I had heated to 170 deg. and shut off. It was in for 20 minutes.

Meanwhile I melted 4 Tb. Butter and added a teaspoon of garlic herb salt and 2 large teaspoons of ground parmesan. When the 20 minute rise was over I removed it from the oven and turned it to 400 deg. I poked some holes in it with a wooden spoon handle and brushed half the butter over the top.

When the oven reached 400 deg. the bread went in for 20 minutes, I let it go another 3 minutes then removed to cool. I brushed some more of the butter over the top.


I wasn’t sure the pizza dough would make good bread but it had olive oil in it like focaccia recipes. We had it with our supper and it had nice texture with holes and a good taste.

All ready to bake














Out of the oven














Brushed on more seasoned butter














Sliced

No comments:

Post a Comment