Monday, July 11, 2016

Bacon & Gorgonzola Potato Salad

July 09 2016

This was my adaption from a recipe by Jackie from The Beeroness Blog. I used gorgonzola instead of blue cheese, for me it’s not as sharp. I used lager beer instead of the IPA and did the potatoes and bacon in my smoker instead of the oven.

I placed the potatoes, 1 ½ lbs. instead of 2, in a wire basked and laid 6 slices of bacon on top. I did them at 200 deg. for a ½ hour of smoke and then eased up to 340 deg. grill level. At 1 hour 45 minutes the bacon was done so I removed it stirred the potatoes some and they were on another 15 minutes.

After the potatoes and bacon had cooled some I mixed up the dressing and added it. It set out to serve warm. I was fixing it for our supper but the son called and invited us down for brat burgers so I took it down there.

I liked the potato salad but for me the potatoes were not just right. They were done but I thought a little tough. They might be better roasted at a higher temperature.


Check out Jackie’s site for some good recipes using craft beers if you like to cook with beer.

Click Here for the recipe 





No comments:

Post a Comment