Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Turkey Burgers on Pretzel Buns and Corn on the Cob

Aug 25 2015

I went to Kroger’s today and found some pre-made turkey burgers and they had some local corn that looked good. I have to get my corn on the cob before the season runs out and it would go good with a turkey burger. My usual corn supply, Suter’s little red barn has already closed up. They probably still have it but I would have to drive to Lima, they run out of college kids, who start school, to man all their stands. They had said they should have corn to the end of August.

I had just enough tomatoes for the sandwiches and some in our salad. I made some dressing for mine, a couple Tbs. of mayo, a tsp. of sour cream and some dried garlic flakes. I had iceberg lettuce to use; my wife has bought a Romaine mix ever since she read iceberg lettuce has no food value. Food value or not I like it for the nice crunch especially for sandwiches.

I had the corn in my rice steamer to be ready when the sandwiches were. I seasoned the turkey burgers with some Penzey’s sandwich sprinkle. I did the burgers on my Weber Spirit on grill grates about 6 minutes each side and toasted the pretzel buns.


My wife and I both had mustard, lettuce and tomato on the sandwiches. All tasted pretty good. The turkey burgers were a tad dry; some bacon would have fixed that!















The burgers














My salad














My corn














My supper

1 comment: