Friday, August 21, 2015

BLT's w/Garden Tomatoes

Aug 21 2015

It was not a good year for my tomatoes. I had six plants in a raised bed garden but way too much rain in early summer. I was finally getting some tomatoes but they were not ripening very well and most had split tops. Looked like I was getting my last batch to pick so that told me I better have BLT’s!

I did up 10 slices of thick sliced bacon from my butcher on my Traeger. I like doing it on the smoker then I don’t have any clean up to do. I had some white bread to use; I would call it an old fashioned BLT. That’s how I remember having them when Mom fixed them. I think she did toast the bread sometimes. I sliced up a yellow and a red tomato for on top and had some iceberg lettuce.

We had asparagus for a side; added some olive oil, lemon juice and seasoning. I did them for 4 minutes in the microwave; tender crisp.


My wife had mayo on hers and I had mayo and mustard. I toasted the bread lightly. Man those were good, probably my last with fresh garden tomatoes for this year!

Last of my tomatoes
 

Bacon on the Traeger


 All done

My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment