Saturday, January 16, 2016

Homemade Creme Fraiche

Jan 16 2016

I like Crème Fraiche on Tex-Mex food instead of sour cream. I used to be able to buy it here but they quit handling it. I plan on some beef fajitas next week and wished I had Crème Fraiche. I thought maybe I could make my own so I searched for recipes.

Some recipes I thought were too involved and you had to heat up some ingredients etc. I found one by Martha Stewart that looked easy enough for me to try.

It was just add 2 tablespoons of butter milk to a pint of heavy cream and let set at room temperature for about 12 hours. I bought the butter milk and heavy cream yesterday and mixed it up at noon. I knew I would be up at mid-night so it should be done by then.


When I got up I checked it and it was just starting to curdle some. I decided to just let it set overnight. I checked it first thing this AM and it was about there. I just checked it at noon and it was good and tasted good. I put a lid on and in the fridge. Martha said it would last a week. So mine took 24 hours not 12.

















No comments:

Post a Comment