Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Chilly Out so Chili In for Supper

Jan 19 2016

It was more than chilly it was cold; never got above 15 deg. so the chili in tasted good. The last time I made chili I got it too hot so the wife would not eat it. This time I followed my Wendy’s style recipe. I usually add the dry seasoning to the meat as I brown it. This time I tried a can of Bush’s Chili Magic Starter; beans with seasoning so I waited and adjusted later.

After cooking about an hour I tasted it and had to add 2 tablespoons of chili powder and a teaspoon of cumin. I left a second can of beans out this time for a meatier chili. I think I would also forget the Bush’s Magic and do my own seasoning too.  I let it simmer for 3 hours as I like to do.

The chili tasted great; I had some 4 state shredded cheddar and some of my homemade crème fraiche on mine and some buttered saltines with it. I had a Shiner’s IPA to wash it down.  My wife liked this batch of chili.

Click Here for printable recipe

Ingredients














Celery and onions














Browning the beef














Chili is ready




























My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment