Saturday, September 6, 2014

Rib Eye Sandwich w/Savor'sTop Secret Seasoning

Sep 05 2014

Last Saturday I got a package. I had called Tim from Savor Spices and ordered two 6 oz. shakers of his Top Secret rub, one of MoRockin chicken and one of Savor All. The Top Secret is a new rub, seasoning he is working on and just available to LTBBQ members. Their Savor All is a great all-purpose seasoning I will be using a lot. Their seasonings and rubs contain all natural ingredients, no MSG and they are not salt heavy.

I was anxious all week to try the new rub and finally did some flat iron rib eyes seasoned with the Top Secret well on both sides. I did them on the flat side of grill grates for sandwiches on toasted Italian bread.

Our sides were some Israeli Mac Couscous and sliced fresh tomatoes. The Couscous I did like Mac n cheese. I sliced about ¼ each red and green pepper then diced and a slice of diced Vidalia onion and a clove of garlic, all sautéed in olive oil. I cooked a cup of couscous in chicken broth then stirred in about a half cup of shredded Gouda, a half cup of shredded cheddar and the sautéed veggies.

The rib eye was one my butcher cut thin for me and one cut in half was enough for a sandwich for the wife and me. I did the seasoned rib eyes on my Weber gas grill on grill gates 3 to 4 min per side and getting the Italian bread on, sprayed with olive oil, about 2 minutes per side.

I served them with the mac couscous, I had tomato slices seasoned with Savor All, and my wife said she was tomatoed out. I had a lot of tomatoes coming on all at once to use up. She had mustard and dill pickle on her sandwich; I had mustard and smoky horseradish sauce.

The Top Secret rub was great on the rib eye and loved the Savor All on the tomatoes. After I ate a couple bites of the couscous I added some Savor All to it too. I must say that was a Savory supper!!

My spices















Rib Eyes and tomatoes seasoned















On the grill















My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment