Friday, October 7, 2016

Smoked Italian Meatballs & Marinara over Spaghetti

Oct 06 2016

A simple supper for tonight, simple to fix and fun cooking out on a nice 80 deg. fall day. I did this on my Traeger pellet smoker and Weber gas grill and cooked the pasta inside.

I got a pound of pork sausage from my butcher, added a Tbs. of Penzey’s Italian sausage mix and in the fridge for an hour. I then added an egg and 1/3 cup of Panko bread crumbs then in the fridge another hour. I then made the meatballs about a Tbs. each and ended up with 20; they went in the fridge about 2 hours until ready to smoke.

I smoked the meatballs at 195 deg. on my Traeger for an hour. 45 minute sin I heated a CI skillet on my Weber gas grill and browned the meatballs for 10 minutes stirring once. I added a jar of Newman’s Own fire roasted tomato and garlic sauce. I let it heat for 5 minutes then transferred to the pellet grill set at 200 to simmer while I cooked the pasta and toasted some garlic bread.

I had some nice crusty bread with some gorgonzola chive butter, a little dried garlic and some Penzey’s sandwich sprinkle I toasted under the broiler.


The wife and I both thought it was pretty good. We both had a simple Romaine salad on the side. I know some homemade sauce might have been better but I am getting older and shortcuts are getting to be welcome in my kitchen! At least I made up the meatballs myself!

Meatballs made up














Smoked an hour














Browning on the grill














Sauce added














My salad













My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment