Thursday, October 20, 2016

Cabbage Meatloaf & Steamed Veggies

Oct 20 2016

Last night’s supper was pretty simple but thought it was worth sharing since I used cabbage in a meatloaf. I thought of it and searched for recipes to get an idea of how much cabbage to add. I couldn’t find any so I winged it.

The meatloaf was 1 ½ lbs. of ground chuck, a good cup of fine shredded cabbage I did in a food processor, 1 package of Lipton’s beefy onion soup mix, 1 egg, ¼ cup half & half cream, and a half sleeve of crushed saltine crackers.

I am getting a new kitchen stove and the kids wanted my 18 year old Amana glass top that still looks new. That was with at least 10 years using cast iron on it too.

I did up the meatloaf early on my Traeger to an IT of 160 deg. I steamed some cabbage, carrots and baby Dutch potatoes in my Instant pot and had supper ready at 6:00 when the kids came to get my old stove.


I liked the meatloaf and so did our son who doesn’t like cabbage that well; he had two slices of it. The wife said she liked my old style better. We had some garlic knots with the meal.

For the meatloaf














Ready to mix














Ready to smoke














Done on my Traeger














Cabbage, carrots and potatoes














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment