Monday, October 17, 2016

Beef Ribs, Fries & Grilled Romaine

Oct 17 2016

I very seldom buy any meat from Walmart since my butcher is so close by; he doesn’t have beef rib racks out very often. When I saw some at Walmart they didn’t look bad but had a 2% solution added. I was hungry for them so bought a pack. I had some Ore Ida fast food fries left and some Romaine so I did them on my Weber Spirit when the ribs were about done.

I rinsed the ribs well and dried then added a little Penzey’s BBQ 3000. I had some Stubbs beef marinade to mop them with. I heated the Traeger to 190 deg. and got the ribs on at 1:15; I planned to get them done by 6:00. After a half hour I eased it up to get 235 deg. at grill level for the rest of the cook. An hour & half in I mopped with the Stubbs.

At 3:30 I double wrapped in foil along with about 2 oz. of the marinade and two pats of butter for each pack. At 5:00 I unwrapped and placed back on the grill. I checked temp with my thermopen and had 185 to 190 deg.

At 5:40 I got my fires on the Weber at 400 deg. for 20 minutes and grilled the Romaine I had drizzled some olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I placed them cut side down for a couple minutes then turned and added some parmesan for another 2 minutes.

I 5:45 I had pulled the ribs to take inside and rest. I was not prepared for the temp drop I had; they were at 175-180 deg. I knew they were not done right but went with it. I should have left them wrapped and all might have been good.


They were a little tough but had good flavor. At least we got full!

Ribs














Seasoned














Ready to foil wrap














Marinade and butter added














Done














Sides on the Weber














Slicing the ribs














My salad














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment