Sunday, October 23, 2016

Grits & Shrimp Creole

Oct 23 2016

Another inside cook on my new range. I cooked up some stone ground grits and made up the Creole sauce to cook the shrimp in. I had 10 oz. of nice jumbo gulf shrimp to use; just enough for the wife and me.

The sauce was:
1 15 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
A couple slices of sweet onion chopped
½ green pepper chopped
½ cup celery sliced
2 green onions sliced
1 tablespoon Worcestershire
1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Fresh parsley chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Hot sauce to taste

I was out of Worcestershire so had to skip that. I got my grits on cooking and started the sauce. I started with sautéing the onions, then added the peppers and celery, then the green onions and then the crushed tomatoes. I added in the parsley and seasoning and let it simmer while I finished the grits. I like them thick.

When the grits were done I set them on the warmer burner and cooked the shrimp in the sauce. I did them for 6 minutes turning half way. Tasted good, but missed having bread and butter with them!


The grits were on the warmer until after we ate. When I emptied out the pan they were not stuck to the bottom. I am going to like the warmer for grits if nothing else.

Ingredients














The shrimp














Sauteing the onions














Celery and peppers in














Grits cooking














Green onions added














Tomatoes, seasonings and parsley added














Shrimp are done ready to serve














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment