Sunday, October 30, 2016

County Fair Italian Sausage & Spaghetti

Oct 30 2016

I was anxious to cook tonight’s supper.  When I was at my butchers the other day one of the Kah brothers gave me some sausage to try. He said he was trying for the taste of the County Fairs Italian sausage and wanted me to try them. I think you will find a version of this at about any County or State fair, Italian sausage links grilled with peppers and onions in a sandwich. We usually opted for the whole hog sausage patty sandwich at our County Fair.

I had spaghetti with Newman’s Own Sockarooni sauce, a salad and garlic knots. Our son and family came to eat with us.

I smoked the sausage for 45 minutes at 200 deg. on my Traeger then browned them up on my Weber Spirit. I had blue cheese dressing on my salad and some Maille mustard for the sausage.


The son and I both liked the sausage. I think he had cheese in them and I didn’t care so much for that and could have stood a little more green pepper taste. It still was pretty good sausage.

For my supper














45 minutes on my Traeger














Browning on my Weber Spirit














My salad














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment