Friday, October 14, 2016

Chicken Divan & Skillet Cornbread

Oct 13 2016

This dish was our kid’s favorite; I haven’t fixed it in a long time. Our daughter was coming home to stay the weekend so I fixed it for her.

My wife went to the doctor Tuesday for a rash on her forehead. She has shingles and got started on her meds. By today it had spread some and her eyelid was swollen so back to the doctor. She called me at 4:30 and was on her way to see an eye doctor to make sure it wasn’t in her eye. The daughter called and said she would be late so I delayed cooking. I am glad it was an easy dish to delay.

It turned out good; the shingles are not in her eye. We ate about 7:15 and the daughter warmed hers up when she got here a half hour later. It tasted great and the skillet cornbread was good with it.

I was glad I had a couple slices of bacon to use and will be a part of my recipe now.  Bacon does seem to make everything a little better!

Yesterday was our daughter in laws birthday and today is the grandsons. We are all going out to eat tonight to celebrate!

Click Here for printable recipe

My cornbread














Came out of the skillet nice














Chicken done on my Traeger














Sliced














Broccoli and sauce added














Cheese, chicken and more sauce added














More cheese, sauce added to broil














Ready to serve














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment