Friday, October 21, 2016

Leftover Beef Fried Rice

Oct 20 2016

It has been raining here for 24 hours; had over 2 inches last night! It’s colder too; I think fall is here. Lowes delivered my new kitchen range today so was anxious to try it out. It’s a GE glass top 5 burner with convection oven. The thing I like is the oven has the bottom element hidden under the metal for easy cleaning.

I usually have chicken or pork fried rice but I had leftover beef rib meat to use and veggies to use up. I like it best done in a wok but skillet stove top is about as good and you can do it at a slower pace; more suitable for my old age!

I first fried two eggs beaten to chop and add to the stir fry. I heated my CS skillet with a couple turns of extra light olive oil on medium and added some chopped carrots and celery. Cooked a few minutes then added some thin sliced cabbage, for another 2 to 3 minutes and then added the chopped beef and sliced green onions after a few minutes I added in the rice and stirred all to let heat through. I  then added some soy sauce and the chopped eggs. As soon as all was heated through I was ready to serve.


A pretty good supper for just throwing things together!

Ingredients














Fried eggs














Celery and carrots in














Beef and green onions in














Soy sauce and rice in














Eggs are in














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment