Saturday, April 23, 2016

CP Shiner Bock Beef Sandwiches

Apr 22 2016

This AM I needed to make a beer run and go to the grocery. I ask the wife what she was hungry for, she didn’t know. I said how about roast beef sandwiches and a salad. I went to my butcher and got a small 2 pound chuck roast that looked good.

It was showers off and on this AM and my smoker needed cleaned out so I got the Crockpot out. I got the roast on at 11:30.

Sprayed bottom of CP with olive oil
Sliced onions on the bottom
Chuck roast added, trimmed a little side fat off
A little pepper
A packet of Lipton’s beefy onion soup mix added
Poured a cup of Shiner Bock over
Added beef stock to almost cover
Added some garlic flakes
Sprinkled on some Penzey’s ranch dressing mix

CP on high for an hour and then down to low. After about 5 hours I removed the beef to cool then shred and remove fat. I turned the CP to High and added some corn starch slurry while I prepared the beef. I added the beef back and left on high for a half hour then down to low until we ate.

My wife made us a salad and I fried some hashbrown cakes I had some French steak rolls I split, beef and onions on one half topped with Swiss cheese. The other half was sprayed with olive oil and then popped under the broiler to toast and melt the cheese.


Tasted great! If I can’t have beef chuck on the smoker then a Crockpot is next best and usually turns out tender beef.















For the roast














Beef on the onions














Seasoning, stock and beer added














After 5 hours














Beef shredded and fat removed














Ready to serve














My salad














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment