Friday, July 25, 2014

Meatloaf, Cheesy Potatoes and Green Beans

Jul 23 2014

A fellow LTBBQ member, HOS, High on Smoke made me hungry for meatloaf and his recipe looked good so I used it. After doing up 3 sticks of compound butter I cleaned some green beans and then mixed up the meatloaf.

The only thing I changed from his recipe was I used my Kah’s BBQ sauce, it compares to Sweet Baby Rays but tangier and a touch of heat. I think he should have said to drain the tomatoes and green chilies. I used Rotels and mashed them some, it looked like too much liquid so I didn’t add very much of it. When I got it all mixed up seemed a little wet to me so I added another ¼ cup of Panko bread crumbs. I placed it in the fridge to set up some for a few hours.

I cleaned and sliced up some red potatoes, in a bowl I added a can of Campbells cheddar cheese and a little buttermilk and stirred to get all the potatoes coated. I placed half in a casserole dish added about a handful of Kraft’s shredded triple cheddar cheese and some salt and pepper. I added the other half and more shredded cheddar, salt and pepper. I then poured some buttermilk over to come up half way on the potatoes. I got a little too much but they were good, just a little runnier than I like. The potatoes I did in the oven at 350 deg. F, one hour covered then a half hour uncovered.

For the green beans I followed Tanya, tatonka3a2’s lead and added onions bacon and Tatonka dust. I place the green beans in a basket and sprayed with olive oil, Tantonka dust, 3 slices of onions, more olive oil and Tatonka dust and two slices of bacon on top. I got them on just after the meatloaf, I took them out and mixed up some and let set, looked like they would get too done. I put them back in the last 15 minutes.

I put the meatloaf in at 4:30 at about 200 deg. grill level then went to 300 deg. at 5:00. The last 20 minutes I went to 350 deg. grill level and basted the meatloaf with some of the BBQ sauce. The meatloaf hit 158 deg. IT at 6:00. I let sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving all. I had a take home and bake baguette ready and we had some of my compound butter on it.

It all tasted good, the meat loaf was very good HOS. My wife and I both noted how good the onions were with the Tatonka dust on them. I can see some grilled onions with Tatonka dust in the near future!
Meatloaf ingredients














Layering the potatoes














Ready for the oven














Green beans














Green beans are done














Meatloaf done














Ready to serve














My suppper

No comments:

Post a Comment