Monday, July 25, 2011

Lunch for my Cousin

Well I got my 3 events, 3 days in a row over. Sat. we had a family reunion & enjoyed some good food and family friends. I took my usual, some broasted chicken from our local drive thru. Maybe the next one in two years I will take something from the smoker. It didn’t last long because of the heat. My cousin Kathy was there with her friend who is also a cousin. Sunday they were to come to my house for lunch & Kathy & I could exchange new genealogical info. Friday I had baked a peaches & cream cheese pie for our desert, w/ice cream. My dinner would be pulled pork, I had made ahead & vacuum sealed & froze. I heated it in a Crockpot, made some Cole slaw, my Tex-mex corn pudding from fresh corn cut off the cob, and some fresh tomatoes sliced up. The slaw was my wife’s recipe which is shredded cabbage, Marzetti’s slaw dressing, salt, & sugar to taste. I should have let her make it; mine was not quite as good as hers usually is. I served some BBQ sauce on the side, COWB’s (Cheap Ole White Buns), and some Arnold’s whole wheat flat bread. The corn pudding was extra good with fresh corn, about 4 cups.
All enjoyed the meal & we had fun visiting. Being older now I don’t get to cook as much for friends & family and I miss that. What a great way to say I love & enjoy you.
Today I took my wife to Columbus, Ohio to fly to Chicago, & visit with our daughter for a week. I miss her already & hate to think of doing my own dishes!!!!!

My plate, our food


Smokin Don

No comments:

Post a Comment