Monday, July 18, 2011

Garlic Tomato Chicken Breasts

I bought these garlic, sundried tomato, marinated chicken breasts from my local butcher. He does up several flavors of chicken breasts, boneless & skinless, that are pretty darn good. I usually like to do my own but sometimes it is nice for a quick no fuss, no mess meal. I would have them with just enough new red potatoes left from another cook and some fresh tomatoes sliced. I used Paula Deen’s Crazy Salt & olive oil on the potatoes. I also had Paula’s salt on my tomatoes. I am getting to be a big fan of that salt! She must have started that business early, sure a young looking picture of her on the salt!

I got the smoker fired up & heated to 225 deg. Put my potatoes on at 5:30 & the chicken breasts right after. I started them out on my pizza pan, my idea here was they would retain more of the marinade while cooking. I checked them after 20 min turned them & upped the smoker to 300 deg. After another 10 min. I took them off the pizza pan & directly on the grate for the last 15 to 20 min of cooking. At about 6:18 I checked temps with a probe & was at 160 deg so pulled them. This was a quick cook & pretty good. The chicken was tasty & moist.

Kah's chicken breasts


Just about done


My plate


Smokin Don

No comments:

Post a Comment