Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cheesey Squash Casserole

I had picked 4 nice yellow squash from my garden & wanted to do a gratin or casserole with them. I found the recipe on foodnetwork that looked good. It was from the Paula Deen collection by her Uncle Bubba. I think for some good downhome & southern cooking Paula is one of the best & I use a lot of her recipes. I went to the Suter’s farm market & got a zucchini to add to the squash & a couple of big red tomatoes to slice up. We would also have some pulled pork sandwiches. We have been having a lot of sandwiches but hot summer weather is sandwich time.

In the casserole are, squash, Vidalia onion, shredded sharp cheddar, parmesan, sour cream, salt, pepper, & cracker crumbs. I used some of Paula’s Crazy Salt too. If you note in the photo I opened the wrong side of the Crazy salt to add to the tomatoes, had to scrape some off as I ate it. My wife & I thought the casserole was delicious. It would make a great side for any cook. The photo of the casserole dish was after setting in the fridge overnight & showed for an idea of the size dish I used & I didn’t use quite a whole sleeve of crackers, you might need to if you use a wider casserole dish. This is a must try recipe!

Click here for link to recipe


Squash Casserole


My plate


Smokin Don

No comments:

Post a Comment