Thursday, September 8, 2016

Instant Pot Hungarian Beef over Spaetzel Noodles

Sept 07 2016

91 deg. and 61% humidity and that’s too hot for me to cook out.  The grandson was coming after school to mow but told him it was too hot.

I would use my Instant pot and enjoy cooking in the air conditioning! I found a recipe by Amelia Lundy of Food 52 for Hungarian Beef. All the ingredients sounded great to me. She did hers in a cast iron pot but thought I could adapt it for my Instant Pot. She used sirloin beef; I used a beef chuck roast that I trimmed and sliced in inch thick sliced. I changed some of the ingredients and read several other recipes for pressure cooker beef stew to give me an idea on times.

I had a plan; I would brown the beef on sauté mode, deglaze the pan then add all back in and cook on “Meat Stew:” for 25 minutes. After the 25 minutes I let set a few minutes then manually released the steam to check the meat doneness. It was fine so I shredded it and back in the pot and left on warm hold while I cooked my spaetzel noodles.

I had some red beets for a side and served it with bread and butter. Tasted great, we have been eating a lot of summer dishes and sandwiches so was ready for a more comforting meal! Next time I may thicken the sauce at the end even though it was tasty and made good sop for the bread.

I did one no no; I forgot to add the paprika! I should know my now about any Hungarian dish requires paprika!

Click Here for printable recipe
Click Here for Amelia's original recipe

Ingredients














Browning the beef














Stock, beef and carrots added 














Mushrooms added














Onions, garlic in w/rest of the seasoning 
Wine poured over














Beef shredded and added back to pot














Cooking the noodles














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment