Friday, April 11, 2014

Sandman's Chorizo and Pinto Beans

Apr 10 2014

I went through Sandman’s, a friend and fellow LTBBQ member, carryout to replenish my beer supply. He said wait I have a sample for you, some of my chorizo. He handed me a plastic bag with a link of the chorizo and said it just came off the smoker not long ago. I didn’t see what a nice red color it had until I got out in the sun. He said he had used African meats recipe and used his pineapple vinegar in it.

When I got home I sliced a piece off and tasted it. Just about the best chorizo I ever ate! It was almost too hot for me but it was heat with flavor and you got the pineapple vinegar taste. I ate another bite then thought I got to save the rest for supper; just enough to make me something.

We had planned on eating my leftover chicken casserole; I had another can of pinto beans and the half can of fire roasted tomatoes left to use. Chorizo is great with beans so I would eat beans again.

I sautéed some chopped onions and garlic in a little olive oil then added the sliced chorizo and cooked awhile. I then poured in the can of drained pinto beans and tomatoes with juice. I would have liked some diced green chilies or green peppers too but was all out.

This looks almost like my last post but the chorizo beans was the star of this supper. The beans were great; with the chorizo they didn’t need any other seasoning for me. That was a super supper!
The chorizo














Ingredients














Onions, garlic and chorizo getting happy














Ready to serve














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment