Monday, April 14, 2014

Grilled Shrimp and Spanish Rice

Apr 12 2014

It is nice to get outside finally and get some work done. I vacuumed up some leaves Mother Nature keeps dropping at my back door every windy day. I started my war with the birds too, trying to seal up all the roosting spots under my covered deck. Our son had to work so his wife and the grandson were coming for supper at 6:00.

I had some wild caught gulf shrimp thawed for grilling on my Weber Q100. My sides were Zatarain’s Spanish rice done in my rice cooker, mini veggie spring rolls done in the oven, and some kale done on the stove top. The kale was some pre-packed w/bacon butter you could nuke or do stove top. The only hard part was to get it all done at once.

I marinated the shrimp in some red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic flakes and Penzey’s Cajun seasoning for about 45 minutes. I did them on my grill grates and over cooked a little. Tasted good though and I had some Mae Ploy’s sweet chili sauce to dip the spring rolls in. I love that stuff, sweet with some kick.

This is an easy meal to cook and tasty if you don’t overdo the shrimp! I liked the sautéed kale but could not taste any bacon!

Shrimp ready to grill














On the grill














Ready to serve














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment