Friday, April 18, 2014

Bacon Cheeseburger and Scalloped Hasselbacks

Apr 17 2014

I got my new Weber gas grill yesterday so I sure had to try it out tonight! Some bacon cheeseburgers and scalloped hasselback potatoes should do the trick.

I bought 1 ¼ pounds of ground chuck from my butcher. I threw a good tablespoon each of Penzey’s dried garlic flakes and onion flakes. I mixed that in well and made 3 patties from it and in the fridge for a few hours.

There has been a lot of good hasselback potatoes fixed and posted here. The scalloped version recipe is all over the net and this is my version. I sliced 3 yellow potatoes and did a thin slice of butter and alternated a thin slice of asiago cheese in each slit. These went into a foil pan and I drizzled some olive oil over them and some Penzey’s sandwich sprinkle. I preheated the grill to 400 deg. and the potatoes went on at 5:00.

I seasoned the burger patties with some Tatonka Dust on each side and back in the fridge. I placed a grill grate in my grill and fried 3 slices of good bacon for the burgers. Too fast for me I almost burnt it.

At 5:40 I poured some heavy cream over the potatoes and added some shredded cheddar then put the burgers on; 6 minutes and I turned them for another 5 minutes. I topped the burgers each with a slice of bacon and a slice of baby Swiss cheese after 2 minutes I added the buttered Italian seasoned ciabatta buns to toast. All was ready to serve at 6:00

Our daughter in law and grandson was here she had some of my chicken bog I had thawed out and a potato. My wife and grandson split a sandwich and a potato. The sandwiches were pretty large. I added some good mustard to my sandwich and had a potato and some of my Kimchi on the side.

My burgers were almost overdone but were delicious. It had been awhile since I cooked much on a gas grill. It might be back to my smoker the next time; more suited to this slow ole man!

The Tatonka Dusted burgers, onion, garlic, bacon and cheese go together well for a great tasting burger!

Potatoes ready to Bake
 


Doing the bacon














Topping the burgers, ready to toast the buns














My supper


No comments:

Post a Comment