Thursday, February 13, 2014

2nd Batch of Artisan bread in 5

Feb 11 2014

I mixed my second batch of bread up Feb. 11 so it had been in the fridge for 4 days. I used a little more flour in this batch and it did look better to me.

My new metal pizza peel had come today and was anxious to use it. I still have problems getting the dough out to cloak without getting dough all over my hands. I just plop it down in the bowl with flour, wash my hands and then form the ball. I did well with the cloaking and had a nice ball after 4 times around the bread. I had put corn meal on the peel and placed it there for the 40 min. rise.

I guess I didn’t put enough corn meal on the peel; I had to use a spatula to nudge it off and onto my cast iron griddle. After 30 minutes baking it looked done so took it out to cool. It looked nice even though I deformed slightly getting it off the peel. My slits came out nice and it was starting to look more like the ones in the book.

Ready to bake














Cooling

No comments:

Post a Comment