Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pastrami Cheese Burger

What could be better than a bacon cheese burger? A pastrami cheese burger! I only had enough pastrami; I had made Sunday, left for one sandwich. I kept getting into it for a snack, love that stuff cold. I already had some of Kah’s burgers thawing out for supper so thought just use some of the pastrami on the burgers. I had also made some French style new red potato salad.

We were all up early this morning to see the grandson off to his first day of school, second grade. I worked most of the afternoon removing street brick from my patio to install underground service to my smoking deck. Those babies weigh 8 lbs. a piece so needed a few beer breaks too!

My d-i-l works afternoons, and at the last minute the grandson was off to eat out with a friend. There was just the wife & I and our son for supper.

I threw the one piece cast iron grate from my Weber Q100 on the smoker to do the burgers. I preheated it to 375 deg. Threw on the burgers and pastrami, 7 to 8 minutes on a side then topped the burgers with pastrami, provolone cheese, and the buns for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese and toast the onion poppy seed buns.

Sandwiches were great, the pastrami got a little crisp and I even got some grill marks on the burgers! The sides were good, my wife made up a box of Kraft shells and cheese and my potato salad was great. The potato salad was Bobby Flays recipe from food network.


Burgers and Pastrami after the flip


Assembling the sandwiches


The grill marks


My Plate


No comments:

Post a Comment