Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pizza and Poppers

Today was a nice day sitting out enjoying watching the humming birds. They are starting their migration south so I am getting quite a few at my feeders.

Wednesdays our friend Brad has a special on pizzas at his Beer & Wine Depot. The best in town and better than I have ever made. We got a 14 inch, cheese, peppers, and onions and sausage on half.

I had a small bunch of Anaheim peppers from my garden and some bacon so decided to make myself some poppers to go with the pizza. I stuffed them with fresh corn, cut from the cob, and Philly onion & chive cream cheese; about half & half in volume

I figured an hour and a half to get done when my wife went for the pizza. I did them an hour on smoke then went to 275 to finish. They were just right when the pizza came. We all had a little salad I made from fresh corn, zucchini, and tomatoes with red wine vinegar and oil dressing.

The pizza was great like usual and the poppers tasted good with it. Our son is out of town so I had the poppers to myself; I could only eat two! I ate the one with out bacon right from the smoker.


Peppers and filling


Peppers filled


Ready for the smoker


After one hour of smoke


My Peppers, Pizza and salad


Smokin Don


No comments:

Post a Comment