Saturday, July 25, 2015

Brat Burgers & Tomato Asparagus Salad

Jul 24 2015

Wow I think we just had 5 days without rain! It was a little hotter today at 85 deg. the past week had been nice. I rested today after two days washing the house down. I downloaded some new music and did get a few good hummingbird photos. My supper tonight was easy and not much prep work and all done on my Weber Spirit.

I love brats and get hungry for a brat burger sometimes. I get fresh brats from my butcher and use 1 ½ for each patty. I made them up and in the fridge a few hours. My salad was two slices of tomatoes with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar topped with some Havarti cheese and seasoning and thin sliced basil. I had two bundles of asparagus marinated with the same as the tomatoes and done a few minutes on the grill then served over the tomatoes.

The brat burgers I did about 8 minutes per side; did the asparagus and toasted the buns. My wife had mustard and dill pickle on her brat and I had my favorite, mustard and a slice of Vidalia onion on mine.

That was a great sandwich and salad!

Ready to cook














All done on the grill














My salad














My sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment