Monday, June 29, 2015

Wok Shrimp and Chicken Pad Thai

Jun 28 2015

 It was a nice day today, no rain, sunshine and a slight breeze at 75 deg. I had a good late breakfast and spent the rest of the day getting stuff ready to cook Pad Thai outdoors in my Wok. Pad Thai is a dish I love and gives a break from eating BBQ. I had been making it from a kit by Thai Kitchen that had a sauce with tamarind in it and the rice noodles.

I finally bought some tamarind paste and some Annie Chun’s brown rice noodles. I found a recipe for sauce and changed the ingredients to my liking.

I spent the afternoon relaxing, getting the shrimp thawed and seasoned, cutting up the chicken and prepping all the veggies. Wok cooking goes pretty fast and you need to have everything prepped and in bowls ready to add to the wok as you go.

I started cooking about 5:30, heated the wok on my Camp Chef Pro 30 burner and had the rice noodles cooked and ready to go plus all the veggies. I like to add some veggies to mine and this time used some pea pods. It took about 20 minutes total for the cooking.

I had baked a take home and bake baguette for some bread and butter. I know bread and butter is not usually served with Pad Thai but it goes with about anything when ole Don is cooking!

We both squeezed some lime over it and I had some chopped cashews, sliced green onion tops, and crushed red pepper on mine. We both thought it was the best Pad Thai I have made. I thought it could have had a little more salty taste to balance the sweet so next time will add more fish sauce to the sauce.

Click here for printable recipe

For the sauce














For the stir fry














Chicken














Shrimp














Ready to start














Shrimps in














Chickens in














Pea pods are in














Onions in and chicken back in














Shrimp back in














Bean sprouts and half the sauce added














Rice noodles and more sauce added














My Pad Thai

No comments:

Post a Comment