Monday, June 22, 2015

BBRibs and Grilled Za'atar Chicken for Father's Day

Jun 21 2015

I tried to get my ribs as good as Old Dave’s but didn’t do too great! He had given my some pointers at the Ohio Gathering. The main problem was they were ready way too soon and I lowered the temp to hold them while I got the other food cooked. They were fall off the bone but still had great flavor.

I started this am making some buttermilk ranch dressing for over a bistro lettuce mix. Then I baked some potatoes for twice baked potatoes, adding some sour cream, buttermilk, seasoning salt, sharp cheddar to the filling and mashing them up. I added more cheddar to the top and reheated in the smoker the last hour.

I sliced some chicken breast, and marinated in a little olive oil, juice of one lemon and the Za’atar seasoning for about 3 hours. I gilled it on my Weber Spirit. For another side I sautéed some shitake and some baby bella mushrooms with onion and a few garlic scapes in olive oil and butter. I did the chicken for our daughter in law.

I sliced some tomatoes and had olive oil, balsamic vinegar and fresh Thai basil for over them.

Our daughter in law made a beautiful fruit pizza for dessert, with a cream cheese mix, strawberries, kiwi fruit, white grapes and blue berries. It looked like a work of art.

Every one though it was all good and we got filled up! Like David (Dr. Holly) I had more fun staying home and cooking for the family on Father’s Day than I would have going out to eat! When you cook for Family it includes a little Love!


Our dessert


Buttermilk ranch dressing


Stuffed potatoes made














Ribs ready for the grill

 Chicken breasts

 In the marinade














Foiling ribs after 3 hours at 265 deg. F














Added agave, honey, brown sugar, and a
1/4 cup apple juice














After an hour in foil

 Brushed on the sauce














Chicken done on the gas grill

 Slicing the ribs

 Mushrooms

 Salad

 Tomatoes

 Chicken

 Potatoes

 My supper






No comments:

Post a Comment