Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Smoked Cocktail Peanuts

Jun 30 2015

I got hooked on some planters smoked peanuts I got at Wal-Mart. I kept them around for mid-night snacks. Then just like a smart store they quit carrying them. I thought I will just smoke my own. I have done a lot of pistachios, and have tried pecans almonds and cashews. Most recipes say to use raw nuts but tried cashews and almonds but I like the roasted and salted ones better. I suppose it’s because I just smoke them at low temps for the added smoke flavor.

I had a one pound can of Planters cocktail nuts I did today. I added a tablespoon of olive oil and mixed to coat all. Then I added a teaspoon of granulated garlic; and a heaping teaspoon each of Cajun seasoning and smoked paprika.


I had my Traeger pre-heated to 190 deg. and did them in my Weber grill pan for one hour then went to 200 deg. for another hour. I was getting some nice smoke from my SS V3 controller. They came out with a good flavor. Even though they were salted I could have used more salt; but then I am a salt lover.

Ingredients














Ready to smoke














In my Traeger














Cooling




No comments:

Post a Comment