Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Jowl Bacon BLT's

Jun 17 2015

We woke up yesterday with 4.4 inches of rain overnight and some major flooding in town along the Auglaize River that runs through the middle of Wapakoneta. I think about the worst I have seen in 40 years. Then woke this morning with more rain we do not need!

Yesterday I wanted to fry some Jowl Bacon in my new DeBuyer 10 in. skillet but it did not get here in time to use. I did the bacon on my Traeger which is my favorite way for making sandwiches; it’s not quite as greasy and no pan to clean. I like using a skillet for breakfast so I have the bacon grease to fry eggs or mush in.

I get the jowl bacon from my butcher Kah Meats. I almost like the jowl bacon better than side meat bacon and after looking at the price I better start using it more often. It is just $2.75 versus $4+ a pound. I toasted some Kings Hawaiian buns and had some mustard and mayo on my sandwich. For my sides I had a pickled egg and a slice on onion and tomato. I think my wife just had chips with hers.

The eggs I put in left over Claussen pickle juice and eat after 3 to 4 days in the fridge; I can get 5 medium eggs in the jar. That hit the spot; I love my BLT’s!















The bacon














Slicing














Done on my Traeger














Bacon's ready














For the sandwiches














My supper

No comments:

Post a Comment