Friday, January 17, 2014

Porkiladas with red and green sauce over rice

Jan 16 2014

Enchiladas are usually made with ground beef or chicken. I was using some of my leftover smoked pork tenderloin so I called them porkiladas. It was also a good way to use some of my melted tomatoes and onions for the sauce and some cheese.

I went to the dentist at 11:00 to get a crown and it started to snow. It has been snowin and blowin all day; so it’s great time to cook in.

I made up my red sauce early: I added a good tablespoon of tomato paste to my melted tomatoes and onions. I seasoned it with some oregano and cumin. I cooked it down to a sauce consistency. I used Old Elpaso mild enchilada sauce for the green sauce.

I put some Zatarain’s yellow rice in my rice cooker and assembled my porkiladas. I made up four stuffed with the slivered pork, some shredded Italian and Mexican cheese, and a tablespoon each of the red and green sauce. I sprayed a little olive oil in a casserole dish; a thin layer of red sauce, then the rolled porkiladas. Then I covered with red sauce on half of one end and green sauce on the other half.

I baked them at 350 deg. for 45 minutes. Half way through I added about a cup and half of shredded Kerrygold white cheddar down the middle. I popped some store bought stuffed mushrooms in the oven the last 13 minutes; not typically served with Tex Mex but they tasted good.


It tasted great; I made them mild for my wife. I had some fresh cracked 4 peppercorn blend over mine and some generous shakes of Cholula hot sauce.

The red sauce














Making one up














Adding to casserole dish














Sauces added and ready for the oven














All done and ready to serve














My Plate

No comments:

Post a Comment