Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Maple Syrup Pork Tenderloin Sandwich

Jan 14 2014

It was another 40 deg. day here; I should have smoked something but I really need to use some out of my freezer first. It’s going down to 23 tonight then not getting much over that through the week-end with some snow.

I took my dog for a bath & haircut this morning. While he was getting clipped I went to a local restaurant for breakfast. I had two eggs over med., two sausage patties, some crispy hash browns, two slices of wheat toast and a half order, 5 slices, of fried mush. I ate it all but a slice of toast and I was full!

I didn’t need any lunch and didn’t have my supper until 7:00 pm. I offered to make the wife a pork tenderloin sandwich but she does not like the same thing the second day, spoiled! She ate some other left overs and I made my own.

I used some of my leftover olive oil from poached fish to toast a bun and fry the tenderloin. The olive oil does not smell like fish was cooked in it but has a great flavor of garlic and herbs. I topped the bottom half of the bun with some Lowensenf mustard, the tenderloin, a slice of Kerrygold white cheddar and it went under the broiler to melt the cheese. I had some of my curtido, S.A. sauerkraut on the side.


I am not that crazy about my curtido, it has some nice heat but the oregano comes through as too much for me. Now the sandwich was the most tender and delicious tenderloin sandwich I ever fixed. I don’t know whether it was the maple syrup brine or the meat. I am hoping it was the brine so I can replicate it again!





























No comments:

Post a Comment