Monday, July 24, 2017

Strip Steaks, Corn on the Cob & Tomatoes

Jul 23 2017

Besides summer garden tomatoes some fresh picked corn from Suter’s Red Barn is a treat to look forward to every summer. Steaming the corn is my favorite way to cook it.

I had two nice strip steaks from Kah Meats, my local butcher. I found that one of the steaks would have been plenty to split with the wife. I wanted to try Jack Stacks steak seasoning. Since it is a little salty I omitted the dry salt cure I usually do on steaks. I added the seasoning and then in the fridge 3 ½ hours.

I sliced one of the Tennessee tomatoes to have and there was some of my potato salad left, I steamed the corn in my Instant Pot for 5 minutes and left it on warm hold until the steaks were done.

I did the steaks in my Traeger at 250 deg. Grill level until 118 deg. IT and then finished on my Weber Spirit at 400 deg. For 3 minutes per side. I let them set for about 5 minutes before serving while I got the corn ready and sides on the plates.

My wife had butter, salt and Parmesan cheese on her corn, I had butter and some Trader Joe’s chili lime seasoning.

We both only ate about half our steaks so have to start buying only one steak for us to split. All tasted great steaks could have been a little rarer but were tender and juicy. I had a second ear of corn and had Jack Stacks all-purpose seasoning on it. I liked both seasonings!

Seasoned steaks
















Corn ready to steam
















Steaks on the Traeger
















Steaks on the Weber
















Resting
















My corn
















My supper
















Juicy & tender

No comments:

Post a Comment